Whether you are looking to update your existing bathroom or undertake a full bathroom makeover, Refresh Renovations Illawarra is the region’s most reputable bathroom renovation company. Although often the smallest room in the house, the bathroom plays a pivotal role in day-to-day functioning.
What bathroom renovation services do we provide?
Our bathroom renovation services include (but are not limited to):
- Bespoke designs
- Luxury bathrooms
- Modern bathrooms
- Bathroom additions
- Bathroom extensions
How much does a Bathroom Renovation Cost?
There are many factors that impact the necessary budget for a bathroom renovation. Aside from the costs associated with the purchase of bathroom inclusions (tiles, vanity, toilet suite, shower screen, etc); the more important structural costs can mean the difference between an average to high-end budget.
Some structural considerations include:
- Will there need to be asbestos removed during the demolition of the existing bathroom?
- Is the existing substrate (underfloor or behind the walls) in good condition?
- Will the renovation involve moving wastes, water outlets, electrical components?
- Will the renovation involve the removal of walls, and/or creation of new walls?
- What is the existing bathroom made of? Masonry within bathrooms make moving items around a bathroom more difficult and thus more costly.
Much of the structural works required behind the scenes ensure water doesn’t escape to other areas of the house (which can lead to expensive damage to flooring, walls and frames); works that should never be overlooked when undertaking a bathroom renovation. Therefore, a bathroom renovation should consider more than the aesthetic elements.
Your Renovation Consultant will advise you on:
- Whether the walls are straight and plumb;
- Whether electrical outlets are positions in a way to ensure they comply with Australian Standards.
- Whether there is enough light and ventilation;
- Whether enough space is available for general bathroom activities;
- How to position inclusions for ease of cleaning and movement.
On average you can expect to pay anywhere between $30,000 - $50,000* (all-inclusive) for a bathroom renovation; with higher-end bathroom renovations costing in excess of $50,000.
*Please note that these are rough guides only. For a detailed indication of what your bathroom renovation will cost you, the Refresh Process is designed to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Is council consent required when undertaking a bathroom renovation?
Your Renovation Consultant will advise you on whether or not your project requires planning or building approval and will take care of the application process for you. Building approval will usually be required for bathroom additions or renovations which include major structural work.
What are some current trends in bathroom renovations in the Illawarra?
At Refresh Renovations Illawarra we have noticed that more and more customers are wanting to achieve a tile-free solution to their bathroom renovation. Tile-free bathrooms have been highly sought-after in Europe for many decades, and in recent times new products have entered the Australian market and passed Australia’s stringent regulations to be available for the astute Australian homeowner. The benefits of tile-free is not only the seamless look and feel that can be achieved, but also the ease of cleaning and the maintenance-free upkeep that comes with such a choice.
Another trend is the emphasis on feature lighting to create a relaxing atmosphere while soaking in a bathtub, combined with task lighting when applying makeup or shaving.
To find out more about the costs and possibilities of your project, as well as how Refresh can make the bathroom renovation process straightforward, get in touch with a Refresh renovation consultant for a free appointment.